Front of the House Manager
Website Goldbelt Tram
· Under the direction of the Director of Sales & services, the Front of House Manager is responsible for closing/balancing and reporting all payments of food and beverage purchases made by restaurant and bar guests. Responsible for managing operations of the dining room & bar during business hours and special events. Oversees all closing and opening procedures of all front of house staff. Assists Kitchen Manager in planning and executing all special events. Assists in menu programing and planning. Assists with formulating liquor and food costs. Manages front of house staff including hiring, training, and disciplinary action.
· Counts, verifies, and closes out tills or banks assigned to each barista and bartender during the am or pm shift; informs office manager of amount, either in agreement, short or over the tallied sales receipts for food and beverages; distributes till to barista and/or bartender of the later shift and verifies/closes the same; responsible for the safekeeping of all cash during the shift and depositing activities at the close of am or pm business. Manages the POS system, including reporting, transaction voids, and change order. Responsible for all drops and records of shortages or overages.
· Checks and totals sales receipts; ensures that the cash drawer balances; verifies (open/close) safe; nightly runs the credit card transaction report and sales report; works with tramway and corporate accounting staff to address and resolve any problems related to the reporting and accountability of sales receipts and related restaurant transactions.
· Responsible for the hiring and training of all front of house staff including bartenders, expediters, wait staff, bussers, host staff, and greeters.
· Responsible for all front of house schedules and ensures scheduling meets labor requirements. Hold monthly meetings with front of house staff.
· Responsible for opening/closing the restaurant and holding all staff (including the kitchen) accountable for following proper procedures and completing their task 100%.
· Provides floor supervision and monitoring of cashiers, expediters, wait staff and bussers; constantly explains standard methods and techniques of food service, taking and following up on orders, communicating with guests, and Hospitality etc.
· Responsible for making sure food is being run within 1 minute of coming up in the window. Ensures that orders are correct and properly garnished and that food quality is up to our standards.
· Handles all guest or staff complaints and minor problems that arise during the shift. Circulates throughout the restaurant area to ensure consistency in food handling, cashiering, seating, and service. Ensures that staff maintain work areas in a clean and neat manner; Stocks and sets up wait station. Resets tables for new guests as quickly as possible.
· Assists Director of Sales & services and Bar Supervisor in liquor inventories and inputting counts into monthly inventory spreadsheets.
· Keeps Food & Beverage office clean and organized.
· Identifies and resolves bookkeeping discrepancies.
· Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
· Schedule and organize staff for special events.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Strong organizational skills; ability to identify and resolve service problems and to handle all complaints quickly and efficiently, in the customers’ best interest; driven to lead by example, including the ability to train staff with little or no prior experience; ability to handle stressful situations in an effective manner; ability to create a cohesive workplace and employ conflict resolution techniques to smooth out problems between staff working the floor and kitchen areas and between early and late shifts.
· Thorough knowledge of: practices and techniques of mixology and proficient in the operation of bar and restaurant equipment; standard bar opening, operating and closing procedures; liquor laws; computerized cash register systems; cash collection procedures; standard practices and procedures related to food and beverage serving, taking/following up on orders and communicating with guests.
· Ability to learn and follow verbal and written instructions/directions.
· Skill in operating computers utilizing a variety of computer software including Word and Excel.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees, manager, and departments.
· Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
· Thorough knowledge of standard restaurant opening, operating and closing, including cash collection, procedures, and practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
· High school diploma or equivalent, AND
· One year experience as front of house supervisor and wait staff in high volume environment.
· Must be able to pass a background check.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
· Current CPR and first aid certificates
· Drug testing may be required
· Prior Tram Operations experience
· Alaska food handlers card
· Current Serve Safe Managers Certification
· Current TAPS (training for alcohol professionals) card
· Five years of experience as a bartender
· One year of experience as a Front of House Supervisor
Standard restaurant environment as part of an aerial tramway and lift operation at a 1800 ft. elevation; small, enclosed office space; constant movement in a loud environment, interacting with restaurant guests and their complaints. The Tram is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas
To apply for this job please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.