Visitor Service Associate
Website Pioneer Air Museum
Preserving & Sharing Aviation History
The Pioneer Air Museum is looking for Visitor Service Associate for the Summer 2022 season. The person in this position will be the first contact for our visitors and responsible to run the front desk smoothly. This includes:
- Open and close the museum
- Charge and process admission
- Manage a small retail shop and its inventory
- Provide information about The Pioneer Air Museum to visitors throughout the summer
- Perform light housekeeping throughout the afternoon and after hours.
- Work alone at times
- Promote the Museum and encourage visitors to become members.
- Keep track of maximum visitors in the building.
- Assist with general tasks delegated by the Operations Director or Collection Manager
Given the current social circumstances, tasks for this position may change as the summer progresses.
- Ideally, the candidate would have a background or interest in Aviation
- Technology proficiency
- Has a friendly outgoing personality.
- Is 18 or older and must complete a background check.
- Candidates should be able lift 35 pounds, and have the ability/desire to work
- Mask mandates: we’ll follow CDC guidelines, and their new color-coded system.
The Pioneer Air Museum provides a friendly work environment and connection with the aviation community of Fairbanks.
- 20-40 hours per week, Wednesday – Sunday, 11:00 am – 7:00pm with schedule and hours varying.
- The position will be from mid-to-late May, to early September after Labor Day.
- $21 – $24 per hour, this is a multi-faceted position, and the skills and experience of the successful candidate will reflect in the compensation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org