Princess Cruise and Holland America Line
Our luggage handlers ensure all our guests belongings arrive to their new home-away-from-home. You and the rest of the team work together to collect, load, and disperse luggage daily to ensure our guests’ belongings follow them on their Alaskan journey.
• Transfers luggage to and from guest rooms from loading areas and a variety of vehicles
• Organize, sort, tallies, tags, and labels guest luggage daily.
• Ensures safe storage, collects and distributes ticketing of guests’ personal items and hand-carry luggage.
• Greet guests and provide escort or transportation to rooms and other locations as needed.
• Deliver messages, guest amenities, and run errands while providing excellent customer service in a prompt and courteous manner
• Assists with misplaced and damaged luggage
• Communicates frequently with supervisors and other team members via radio for service or technical updates, requests or concerns.
• Assist with guest service, front desk and housekeeping duties during peak busy times and unexpected events, such as power outages.
• May respond to alarms and assist in the events of an emergency in accordance with company policies,
• procedures and guidelines.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Successful completion of background check.
• Minimum age of 18 years required to reside in company housing, where available.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to prioritize work, maintain attention to time constraints, while working in a team or group environment.
• Ability to support and comply with company policies, procedures and guidelines and safety standards, both at work and in housing (if applicable).
• Must be able to communicate verbally and written both in person and over the phone and radio
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and external influences
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs/23 kgs. Heavy lifting is required
• Must be able to climb stairs and walk extensively.
Our Culture…Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement, and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/.
Holland America Line and Princess are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com