Guest Services Representative
Website Princess Cruises and Holland America Line
Guest Services Representative (Seasonal)
Are you looking to gain valuable experience with industry leaders, work alongside a multicultural team, and be inspired daily? If you answered yes, your Alaska adventure begins here! Our beautiful hotels and lodges are located throughout the “Great Land” offering our guests a lifetime of memories.
- Provide excellent customer service and analyze guest situations, investigate problems and determine solutions within company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Communicates and coordinates with multiple departments in a friendly and professional manner to process requests and accommodations.
- Apply knowledge of company products, tours, services, and operations for guests and employees to enhance the vacation and work experience.
- Create bookings, take payment, and process refunds for hotel rooms, amenities, and tours.
- Processes daily sales and completes accounting duties.
- Maintain records, reports, logs, and files in accordance with company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- May deliver messages, amenities, assist with luggage and run errands based on guest and company needs.
- Participate in generating sales for tours, retail, restaurant, amenities, and hotel rooms at designated locations.
- Answer and redirect telephone calls as needed; greet and interact with guests at the desk or designated areas.
- Monitor alarms and communicate with guests, employees, security, management, and emergency personnel in the event of urgent and/or emergent medical and non-medical incidents on the property.
- Keep work areas organized, clean, and sanitized.
- Hospitality-related degree or equivalent certification preferred. Work experience in hospitality-related positions may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Minimum age of 18 years required to reside in company housing, where available.
- Successful completion of background check, including a credit check.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs./11kg.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, maintain attention to detail while working both independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and written both in person and over the phone.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in computer-based programs (Property Management System, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to support and comply with company policies, procedures and guidelines, and safety standards, both at work and in housing (if applicable).
- Travel– FREE* Cruise after your first contract of 400 hours or more earn at most properties (*Port fees and crew gratuities must be paid in advance.)
- Rewards & Incentives – Employee of the month, years of service, and longevity recognition programs.
- Employee Referrals – Up to $400 for referring new team members.
- Community Service-Unique employee opportunities to participate in local community events.
- Employee Activities – Team sporting events; company-sponsored charity events; discounted rates on guest tours.
Our Culture…Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement, and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/.
Holland America Line and Princess are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org