Website Princess Cruises and Holland America Line
Prep Cook (Seasonal)
Test your skills, build your resume, and work with people from across the globe. Choosing to work in our distinctive restaurants, pizzeria, or steakhouse will inspire and challenge you daily. During our season, our dining venues can see upwards of 600 guests a day; you’ll be working in a high volume, fast-paced and exciting environment while being mentored by seasoned professionals. With over 1,500 seasonal employees in 30 venues across 10 locations in Alaska, there is a position for everyone!
- Prep and prepare food per Company recipes and specifications on a prep line in a fast-paced environment.
- Food preparation and stocking workstation to ensure success for business demands.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation in all work and storage spaces.
- Stock kitchen, organize product, inspect food quality
- Completing food safety protocols and logs with assistance and direction from management
- Culinary school and/or relevant experience preferred.
- Must have or be able to obtain an Alaska Food Handler Card.
- Minimum age of 18 years required to reside in company housing, where available.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs./23 kg, work around hot kitchen equipment safely, and stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize work while maintaining attention to time constraints, working independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and take direction well.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while adapting to external influences.
- Ability to support and comply with company policies, procedures and guidelines, and safety standards, both at work and in housing (if applicable).
- Travel– FREE* Cruise after your first contract of 400 hours or more earn at most properties (*Port fees and crew gratuities must be paid in advance.)
- Rewards & Incentives – Employee of the month, years of service, and longevity recognition programs.
- Employee Referrals – Up to $400 for referring new team members.
- Community Service-Unique employee opportunities to participate in local community events.
- Employee Activities – Team sporting events; company-sponsored charity events; discounted rates on guest tours.
Our Culture…Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement, and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/.
Holland America Line and Princess are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org