Public Areas Attendant
Website Princess Cruises and Holland America Line
Public Areas Attendant (Seasonal)
Are you looking to gain valuable experience with industry leaders, work alongside a multicultural team, and be inspired daily? If you answered yes, your Alaska adventure begins here! Our beautiful hotels and lodges are located throughout the “Great Land” offering our guests a lifetime of memories.
- Performing janitorial duties of the main lodge and all public area spaces while using chemicals safely and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Cleaning and stocking all restrooms, sweeping and mopping floors
- Delivering amenities and linens to guest and housekeeping closets
- Monitor and clean exterior locations of all trash and litter
- Communicate with supervisors and other team members for service or technical updates, requests, or concerns.
- Maintain organization for housekeeping storage areas, ensuring they are clean of clutter and free from cross-contamination.
- Complete regular projects and deep cleaning
- Interact and communicate with guests, providing property-specific and local information, answering questions and communicating concerns to a supervisor, creating memorable moments for our guests
- High school completion or equivalent certification.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Minimum age of 18 years required to reside in company housing, where available.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to work independently within a team environment, contributing to a pleasant, positive guest experience.
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to support and comply with company policies, procedures, guidelines, and safety standards, both at work and in housing (if applicable).
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with employees, management, and guests.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs/23 kgs. Some heavy lifting is required
- Travel– FREE* Cruise after your first contract of 400 hours or more earn at most properties (*Port fees and crew gratuities must be paid in advance.)
- Rewards & Incentives – Employee of the month, years of service, and longevity recognition programs.
- Employee Referrals – Up to $400 for referring new team members.
- Community Service-Unique employee opportunities to participate in local community events.
- Employee Activities – Team sporting events; company-sponsored charity events; discounted rates on guest tours.
Our Culture…Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement, and our Core Values at: https://www.princess.com/aboutus/culture-framework/.
Holland America Line and Princess are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org