Website Skagway Brewing Company
Located in the seasonal Alaskan cruise ship port of Skagway, the Skagway Brewing Company features an on-site microbrewery and restaurant with seating for up to 400, retail store and aeroponic garden. We take pride in our sustainability efforts - we have a year-round indoor garden where we grow all of our own leafy greens & culinary herbs. The harvest yield of these greens and herbs are boosted by the carbon dioxide released from the brewing process which we capture and send via pipes over to the garden.
- The Prep Cook is an important team player, responsible for preparing ingredients and recipes for all menu items in an efficient manner while maintaining quality, cleanliness standards and effective communication.
- This is a seasonal position running mid-April through mid-October. Potential for year-round.
Resume and 3 professional references required at application.
- Compensation: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Prepare basic components of each dish on menu using our proven recipes
- Memorize and employ our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures
- Maintain and follow proper food handling, safety and sanitation procedures – all phases of food production and service including storage, rotation, preparation, recipe adherence, cooking methods, plate presentation, quality, service and production time adherence.
- Evaluate finished products for appearance, taste, smell and texture according to internal specifications
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the restaurant
- Performs shift opening and closing duties as assigned, including cleaning cutting boards, equipment and floors
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of kitchen, cooking areas, individual station, kitchen equipment and food storage areas, reporting any kitchen equipment or maintenance issues to the manager on duty
- Follow safety guidelines and use caution in proper lifting techniques, handling knives and operating machinery
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Efficient time management
- Effectively communicate in a respectful and concise manner
- 3+ years experience in cooking and kitchen administration in a high-volume, fast-paced establishment preferred
- Knowledge of cooking procedures, kitchen equipment and safety rules for kitchen and equipment
- Flexible and adaptable to quickly changing demands
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day & lift large boxes weighing 50+ lbs
- Subsidized seasonal housing
- 50% off food & retail merchandise
- Completion/performance bonus
To apply for this job please visit skagway-brewing-company.r365hire.com.