· Provide personable and friendly interaction with tour guests
· Greeting guests and assisting them with seating arrangements
· Exhibit willingness to perform songs and dances by following the lead of Adult Dancers
· Perform in a professional manner to represent the culture and Company successfully
· Wear full regalia consisting of a blanket, apron/skirt, headband/hat, moccasins, leggings (boys only) and solid red or solid back shirt while performing
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Previous experience as a cultural dancer or in tourism is preferred
· Attend practices and meetings to prepare for performances
· Wear proper attire during performances as specified above
· Attend other Company events that require dance performances
· Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants, and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
Job Location: Ketchikan, AK
Application Dates: 2022-02-02 – 2022-04-15
Contact: Adriana Oliva, email@example.com
Cape Fox Tours is seeking to hire friendly and outgoing children to perform as Alaska Native Dancers in the Saxman Native Village Tribal House. We are proud to share our culture, history, and family with the guests that visit Saxman while on their tour. These guests arrive by cruise ships, airlines, and Alaska ferries. This is the perfect opportunity to gain some work experience in tourism and learn valuable attributes as an employee.
The Child Dancers will greet guests as they enter the Tribal House, and assist them, if needed, to their seats. The performance will start off with the Adult Dancers performing the songs and dances for the guests in the traditional regalia. The Child Dancer will rely on instructions and pre-established, commonly known guidelines provided to perform the functions of the position. This and other duties may be required at the direction of the General Manager. Long hours and weekends may be required pending tour schedule within the guidelines set forth by the State of Alaska.