Title: General Manager
Department: Goldbelt Tramway, LLC
Category: Regular full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary/Grade Level: DOE Date Approved: 8/23/21
Reports to: Corporate VP of Alaska Group
Maximizes the long-term profitability of Goldbelt Aerial Tramway (GAT). Provides general management of the Tram operations, including all Tramway professional and technical staff. Identifies and develops plans of action, including long-range marketing and business plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manages the operation and administration of Goldbelt’s wholly owned subsidiary, Goldbelt Aerial Tramway, in line with policies, long range plans, and strategies. Establishes operating plans, budgets, and programs to meet business objectives.
• Provides executive direction to the organization and its staff in achievement of profit and growth objectives set by the Corporate President/CEO, Corporate VP of Alaska Group.
• Administers all aspects of company operations directly, including development of corporate procedures related to personnel management, property management, financial performance, and business expansion. Monitors performance against business plans and reports progress to the Corporate Senior Management team.
• Represents the subsidiary corporation to the general public. Coordinates Tram interests with City and Borough regulations, state environmental regulations, contractors, property owners, tenants, state park entities, and trail and conservation organizations.
• Manages the operation, through the Director of Sales & Service, to ensure the provision of high-quality food and beverage, entertainment, and other services provided at Tramway venues.
• Provides regular sales and operations reports to his/her supervisor.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the tourism industry, related markets and opportunities, and methods of organizing and managing tourism businesses.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills to interact with shareholders, peers, management, and the general public.
• Ability to establish and manage high work standards by managing a variety of tasks, handle pressure and conflicting priorities; lead, manage, and motivate seasonal and year-round staff.
• Skill in operating personal computer utilizing a variety of computer software.
• Working knowledge/familiarity of tram operations systems.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Hospitality Management, or closely related discipline.
• Ten (10) years of combined mid- and senior-level managerial, operational, and planning experience (senior level experience must include P&L responsibility and demonstrated competence with strategic planning, budgeting, financial and accounting systems, and HR management).
• Prior experience with aerial ropeways, food and beverage, entertainment services management and mountain safety programs.
• A valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Ability to successfully pass a background check. OR
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
Standard office equipment, with periodic, but regular exposure to very hazardous conditions and extreme heights, close quarters, and severe weather. This position could involve long hours during the tourist season. Regular movement in/out of an aerial tramway cabin up/down an 1800 ft. elevation; public interaction and communication; exposure to extreme heights; periodic exposure to dangerous equipment during emergency evacuations or power failures. The Tram is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas.