We are currently hiring for a Glacier and Canoe guide for the 2021 summer season!
This seasonal position is full time and begins ASAP and runs through September.
You will be in charge of leading an adventure tour based around the Mendenhall Glacier Lake with equal time guiding guests on the lake in a large canoe and leading guests on and around the Mendenhall Glacier. This is a highly independent position, which requires the ability to guide safely and responsibly with limited supervision. Applicants should be outgoing and comfortable providing our guests with entertaining and informative narration.
PERKS FOR WORKING WITH US: BEST PAY IN THE INDUSTRY, SUBSIDIZED HOUSING, ROUNDTRIP FLIGHTS, AND SEASONAL BONUSES!
Canoe Guiding – Instruct and lead guests in the use of canoe on a glacial lake at our Juneau location.
Glacier Guiding – Responsible for providing clients with safety information and for leading clients on a guided hike over varied glacial terrain.
Driving – Operating a passenger van, the ability to tow a trailer required.
Qualifications and Skills:
– Current First Aid and CPR certification
– Clean driving record and ability to drive
– Wilderness First Responder or EMT/W-EMT training
– Glacier and/or Mountaineering guiding experience
– Kayak and/or canoe guiding experience
– Fluency in English
– 21+ years old by first date of employment
– High/Low Angle Ropes Rescue
– Cold Water Rescue Training