· Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
· Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
· Cook food in various utensils or grillers
· Check food while cooking to stir or turn
· Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
· Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
· Ensuring food is fully cooked before plating and serving to guests
· Following a high level of sanitary protocol always
· Check quality of ingredients
· Monitor stock and communicate to supervisor when there are shortages
· High School diploma or equivalent is required; diploma from a culinary school is preferred.
· Proven experience as cook and strong desire to learn and grow as a cook
· Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
· Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
· Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to work different shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays when needed
· Must be reliable and customer service oriented
· Very good communication skills
· Excellent physical condition and stamina
· Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants, and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
Job Location: Ketchikan, AK
Application Dates: 2022-02-02 – 2022-04-15
Contact: Adriana Oliva, email@example.com
Cape Fox Lodge, the premier destination in Ketchikan, is seeking a skilled Line Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. The Line Cook will cook dishes that will delight Lodge customers with their taste and timely delivery. The Cape Fox Lodge Line Cook cooks and executes well-prepared meals. The Line Cook must be good at following instructions, deft in moving around the kitchen, and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important. The Line Cook works diligently in this role to ensure that the needs, desires, and expectations of the Lodge guests are consistently exceeded. Maintaining personal and professional safety and hygiene standards is crucial. Embodying the ability to work within a team setting and adapt to various changing environments is also necessary.