The Accounts & Membership Manager has the primary responsibility for managing VCVB accounts, membership outreach and development, and generating vacation guide ad sales.
The Accounts & Membership Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Membership Manager Responsibilities and Tasks
• Plan and implement the annual membership renewal campaign.
• Create and update membership applications and renewal forms. Coordinate the annual review of membership benefits, levels, and cost.
• Design, implement, and manage member information in a database.
• Ensure VCVB member information is secure and keep their files organized and up to date.
• Ensure members are aware of cooperative advertising opportunities available through the VCVB or our partner organizations.
• Produce and send out monthly memberships communications and ensuring members are taking advantage of their benefits per their membership level.
• Write and circulate monthly online newsletters using MailChimp. Newsletters are to be sent on the last Friday of the month, as well as a quarterly E-newsletter that includes nonmember subscriber interested in Valdez.
• Monthly processing and dissemination of consumer leads to participating members.
• Meet & speak with members, regularly. Produce a monthly or quarterly report for the Executive Director outlining visits with members.
• Assist with the annual membership meeting, and Board of Directors election.
• Attend instate travel shows representing the VCVB, distributing information about Valdez and its seasonal visitor offerings.
Accounts Manager Responsibilities and tasks
• Familiar with QuickBooks. Be able to process payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, quarter taxes, other taxes, and reports.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports.
• Manage the VCVB members’ confidential sales, and financial information.
• Enter information from the Square retail sales system and generate weekly sales reports in QuickBooks.
• Maintain accurate and complete documentation and help improve organizational efficiencies.
• Be able to handle cash, reconcile petty cash, and collect membership fees.
• Assistance with the end of year annual audit.
• Become familiar with the VCVB’s various vendor contracts.
• Ensure the VCVB stays current with state and local operating licenses.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. All VCVB employees are expected to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• AA or high school+2 years of relevant experience,
• Bookkeeping skills necessary,
• Sales experience preferred,
• Knowledge of customer service,
• Understands time management and detail oriented,
• Excellent verbal and written skills,
• Effective listening and interpersonal skills,
• Knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite,
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator basics a bonus,
• Occasional travel
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full time
Compensation: Salary range is $35,000 – $39,000, commensurate with the experience and skill level listed in this description. Includes health benefits, paid holidays, and accrued vacation time.
Contact Information: If you are qualified and interested in being considered as a candidate for this opportunity, please submit a 1) cover letter outlining your qualifications, 2) two-page resume, 3) three professional references, and 4) your most recent compensation information to the VCVB Executive Director.
Sharon Anderson, Executive Director
Valdez Convention & Visitors Bureau
Closing date: 01/14/2022