· Prepare cooking ingredients – washing/ chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep
· Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes
· Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and prepping food
· Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes and sanitizing surfaces
· Take out trash regularly
· Ensure that all food and other items are stored properly
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
· Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
· High School diploma or equivalent is required; diploma from a culinary school is preferred.
· Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
· Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
· Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Ability to work different shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays when needed
· Must be reliable and customer service oriented
· Very good communication skills
· Excellent physical condition and stamina
· High School diploma
· Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants, and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
Job Location: Ketchikan, AK
Application Dates: 2022-02-02 – 2022-04-15
Contact: Adriana Oliva, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for detailed-oriented and organized individuals to join our team as Prep Cooks at Bar Harbor Ale House.
Our Prep Cooks perform routine kitchen tasks, follow the prep list created by the chefs, label, and stock all ingredients on shelves, measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking. Everything should be neatly organized and easily accessible by all cooks in the kitchen.