JOB PROFILE: This key management position overseas the reservation department of All Alaska Tours, Inc.
– Plan staff needs to support department and company goals.
– Liaise with Supervisor regarding departmental employment decisions and needs, changes, reviews.
– Ongoing evaluation of reservation processes and reservation system for efficiencies and liaise with Supervisor for improvements.
– Ongoing evaluation of quality control systems and check lists
– Communicate with Product Department in regard to reservations processing needs and procedures for certain products.
– Ensure department communications to vendors follows terms outlined in vendor contracts.
Team Supervision and Development
– Train/coach team members
– Assign responsibilities of team members.
– Encourage personal development and learning opportunities.
– Schedule team members
– Evaluate team members on an annual basis.
– Conduct or attend department staff meetings.
– Enforce company policies and procedures.
Management of reservation requests
– Coordinate and distribute all reservation requests.
– Assist the reservation agents with interpreting and reviewing reservation requests in regard to logistical and operational aspects.
– Oversee the processing of reservations as well as communication with vendors and wholesale customers.
– Review completed reservations for accuracy.
– Verify any special payment and/or deposit policies to be noted on invoice, and that need to be communicated with accounting department.
– Ensure company standards are being met for quality control and response time.
– Respond to correspondence from customers/tour operators via e-mail for general inquiries and reservations.
– Assist traveling customers with questions/problems as they arise.
– Communicate with customers and/or Manager/Product Team to ensure consistency between products offered in relation to client expectations.
– Participate in after-hours emergency cell phone schedule.
– 2+ years’ experience in travel reservations processing, including supervisory position.
– Proven track record of detail-oriented reservation servicing with demonstrated proactive operational thought processes
– Thorough knowledge of the Alaskan tourism industry and products
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits Package includes company sponsored employee medical insurance plan, matching IRA.