The primary duties performed under the Senior General Ledger Accountant includes, but are not limited to: the accurate computation, classification, recording and verifying of various financial data used in maintaining accounting records; providing and processing financial support, transactions and reports; and, compiling and maintaining accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll records and analytical data reports for management.
General Ledger Accountant:
• Process a variety of financial documents within a Quickbooks accounting system, such as financial transactions, invoices, vendor checks, payroll, account statements, authorizations & journal entries.
• Enter and post daily cash receipts.
• Assist in collection of outstanding invoices as needed.
• Distribute checks for signature and /or delivery.
• Reconcile bank and credit card accounts.
• Review and post employee credit card expense reports.
• Prepare monthly receivables and payables aging reports that reconcile to the general ledger.
• Maintain the cash management spreadsheet and posting bank transactions in the general ledger.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting to the operating company management team to enable them to make timely and accurate decisions. Analyze the data and provide feedback to management teams.
• Maintains a manual file system to store the hard-copy documents after entry into the record keeping system as well as a back-up system.
• Data Entry of payroll and assist in the annual preparation of W-2’s, 1099’s and maintains W-9 files.
• Compose grammatically correct letters, memoranda, and other reports as requested.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with vendors/customers/clients.
• Participate in scheduled internal/external meetings/trainings as requested.
• Perform related tasks as assigned.
Education and / or Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• 5 years experience in a financial or accounting role
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office (Excel & Outlook) & QuickBooks skills
• Data base program experience preferred
• A strong work ethic and a team player attitude
• Dependable, Timely & Accurate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 – $30.00 per hour DOE
Our office is small consisting of 3-4 staff members. Limited exposure to others helps in mitigation. We recommend usual mitigation practices from hand sanitizer, regularly washing of hands. Gloves are provided if desired. Please bring your own mask.
Answer the following questions:
• How many years of Accounting experience do you have?
• Do you live in Wasilla, AK 99654?
• Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?