The Sitka Chamber and Visit Sitka are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter that can take a job and run with it from idea to completion. We are a small and very busy collaborative office with many programs constantly in progress. We are looking for an up-beat, honest team member who is as comfortable working alone as they are on a big team project and is always willing to jump in and assist any other team member as needed. If you enjoy researching the latest marketing trends, working on multiple projects across platforms, are creative and innovative, offer excellent customer service, and have great communication skills, then you could be our Social Media Strategist Fellow.
• Work with Directors to develop a multi-year social media strategy targeting independent travelers, with outreach in both domestic and international travel markets
• Research current marketing trends among other DMOs
• Research innovative and creative multimedia uses of social media for destination marketing, including (but not limited to) platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tiktok
• Research international destination marketing strategies, including the use of alternate social media platforms such as WeChat, Weibo and VK
• Work with the Directors to develop new social media accounts
• Create content (articles, posts, short videos, images) for use in Visit Sitka’s social media
• Attend and support local events, meetings, and workshops to stay informed on the Sitka tourism industry and to network with other organizations
• Serve as a point of contact for visitor calls to Visit Sitka & Visitor Information Center when Visitor Information staff and volunteers are not available
• Provide marketing, research support and other content for publications produced by Visit Sitka as requested
Job Location: Sitka, Alaska
Application Dates: 2021-02-01 – 2021-06-01
Contact: Laurie Booyse, firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary role of the Fellow will be to support year-round tourism revitalization in Sitka by researching effective, creative, and cutting-edge opportunities for social media, developing a multi-year social media strategy for Visit Sitka, creating content for various social media platforms, and engaging with users. The Fellow will also provide research and marketing support for various Visit Sitka publications and collateral.
This position is part of the Alaska Fellows Program. All fellows live together, “in community,” in their respective host site. Each host site is unique and remarkable.
Fellows receive housing, a $1000 monthly living stipend and a $500 relocation stipend. The fellowship includes facilitated and funded opening and closing retreats.