Job Requirements: High school completion or equivalent certification.
• Ability to “safely drive” an executive coach while speaking to passengers, answering questions, and providing narration, while working in a team or group environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees, and management. One year of experience in positions involving customer service.
• Current, valid Alaska driver’s license, with a clean driving record, is required.
• Must be certified as physically qualified through a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen. A CDL is NOT required.
AAU Adventure-Guides must possess:
• Service-Oriented Personality, Customer Service is EVERYTHING!
• Great Communication Skills.
• Good Knowledge of Alaska - Geography, History & Flora/Fauna.
• Flexibility - Schedules, weather & reservations change.
• Ability to drive Executive Mini-Coach (15 pax van) and back up with a trailer attached.
• Physical ability to handle long days, some hiking, walking & stooping on ice or gravel and uneven surfaces, and lift 50 lbs. (Luggage handling)
• Willingness to travel in state and stay away from home 2 days at a time.
• Willingness to complete daily paperwork including Vehicle Inspection Report & Driver Log Book.
• Willingness to submit to pre-employment, random, post-accident, and just cause drug & alcohol testing.
• Willingness to maintain interior/exterior cleanliness of Executive mini-coaches.
Tour Company Preferences:
• Prefer ability to handle minor mechanical vehicle failures on the road, tires, light bulbs, trailer.
• Prefer Resident of Alaska for a minimum of 15 years.
• Prefer a Mat-Su Valley resident.
Job Location: Mat-Su Valley
Application Dates: 2021-05-13 – 2021-05-25
Contact: C. Champagne, email@example.com
Guide/Driver performs a variety of customer service and driving tasks. Routinely, drives a 14 pax shuttle “executive mini-coach” and provides narrated tours on a PA system. Performs basic mechanical duties. Uses knowledge of the area to provide information to guests.