Alaska Outdoor Alliance kicks off its Lunch & Learn Series on Sept. 30 with an exploration re-imagining Alaska’s outdoors through the lens of winter recreation enthusiasts. The session is presented by professional guide and lifelong adventurer Haley Johnston. Haley wears many varied winter hats through her association with Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage, Chugach State Park Citizen Advisory Board, and Alaska Huts Association. Join Haley and her guests as we explore visions for strengthening Alaska’s winter recreation sector.
- Nick D’Alessio, owner/guide, Alaska Guide Collective/Remarkable Adventures
- Mackenzie Barnwell, Executive Director, Alaska Huts
- Brooke Edwards, Staffing Manager, Alaska Avalanche School
- Jennifer Johnston, Outdoor Recreation Planner, Denali National Park
- Graham Predenger, avalanche forecaster, motorized community, Chugach National Forest
- John Robinson-Wilson, General Manager, Arctic Valley Ski Area
Tune in Wednesday, Sept. 30 from Noon – 1 pm on Zoom. AOA’s Lunch & Learn Series is free and open to the public.