Managing Economic Development Organizations
Location: UAA Gorsuch Commons - 3700 Sharon Gagnon Lane, Anchorage, AK 99508
We are filling up quickly, but there's still time to join your colleagues at the UAA Gorsuch Commons May 11-12 to learn best practices in managing for economic development from two of the national thought leaders on the subject!
(Use code AK16 for discount!)
In this course, you will learn how to:
• Evaluate Economic Development Organizations core competencies
• Lead through outcome-based performance techniques
• Manage conflicts and develop a statement of ethics
• Measure and evaluate project outcomes
• Create a dynamic strategic plan for your organization
• Engage board members, elected officials, and community stakeholders
• Build teams and determine hiring needs
• Manage budgets in tough economic times
• Leverage existing resources through local collaboration
This course counts toward the Certified Economic Developer (CEc.D) credential. For more information please contact Nolan Klouda at 907-786-5458 or [email protected].