Alaska Tourism Jobs
ATIA and ATIA members frequently recruit for employment in the tourism industry. Job opportunities are listed below by position and company.
Have a job you want to post? Submit position on your own below or email job description details, including application deadline, to
ATIA Sales Manager
The ATIA Sales Manager will work collaboratively with the ATIA team to proactively generate and meet sales goals, create ad packages, and customize digital ad solutions for a variety of business marketing needs.
Director of Sales
• Work closely with the Vice President of Sale & Marketing and the Director of Sales & Marketing to develop and implement sales strategies.
• Research and identify potential clients and perform sales calls to attract new business.
• Maintain a strong relationship with current key clients.
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations which effectively address clients’ needs and follow up to provide additional information.
• Develop techniques to effectively monitor sales performance.
• Become proficient with and utilize available resources including reservation systems, databases, and rate programs.
• Participate in local tourism events that benefit the company, including trade shows, consumer shows, and networking events.
• Represent the company at national and international conferences and travel trade shows (approximately 6 shows per year).
• Work closely with local Destination Marketing Organizations to identify opportunities for collaboration and promote the Alaska tourism industry.
• Conduct weekly sales meeting with team managers.
Tour Coordinator (Year Round)
Duties included but are not limited to:
Communicating with clients in writing and by phone
Assessing client needs budget
Creating custom itineraries to meet client needs
Budgeting itinerary costs and presenting to clients
Managing client reservations
Creating client travel documents including itinerary, vouchers
Successful candidates will have the following skills:
Highest level of communication skills (written and verbal)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel
Familiarity with Alaska as a visitor destination
Ability to prioritize various tasks
Proven creative thinking skills