Alaska Tourism Jobs
ATIA and ATIA members frequently recruit for employment in the tourism industry. Job opportunities are listed below by position and company.
Have a job you want to post? Use the Submit Job button below to include details, attach a PDF and include a link to your website.
Have questions about the job board? Contact Laurie Booyse
Lodge Manager - Tour Operation
• Train and supervise Lodge Department Managers as outlined in the EAT Organizational Chart to ensure the successful completion of tasks as outlined in the Position Guides.
• On an annual basis, determine upcoming lodge staffing needs, interview and hire an adequate number of staff for the summer season, and communicate management objectives, job requirements, and expectations to new candidates.
• Enforce company standards for EAT team members outlined in the company handbook, including documentation of infractions, disciplinary action taken, and communication with team members regarding infractions.
• In conjunction with the Tour Manager, ensure meal and tour times operate as per daily dispatch and that tours make best use of company resources.
• In conjunction with the Kitchen Manager (when assigned), ensure adequate food, beverage, and supply inventory levels, including crab, to prevent disruption to dining room service and considering variability of sales.
• Complete bi-weekly work schedules in conjunction with department managers.
• Hold monthly staff meetings to discuss team performance issues, problem solve, provide training,
address safety concerns, and provide an opportunity for communication with team.
• Manage an employee morale program designed to motivate staff, recognize high performance,
and to create a positive work environment for the EAT team.
• Manage Lodge gift shop, including inventory, stocking, sales and merchandising, and cash
handling and reporting procedures, including winter crab and gift shop sales.
• Seek opportunities to utilize the facility and maximize revenue by hosting special events during
non-peak times during the summer and off-season months during the winter.
Part Time Motorcoach Dispatcher / Driver
Dispatching in the office during busy evenings; driving tours in a motorcoach as needed
Part Time Motorcoach Driver
Driver for tour charters.