Alaska Tourism Jobs
ATIA and ATIA members frequently recruit for employment in the tourism industry. Job opportunities are listed below by position and company.
Have a job you want to post? Use the Submit Job button below to include details, attach a PDF and include a link to your website.
Have questions about the job board? Contact Membership.
ATIA Membership Manager
The ATIA Membership Manager’s primary responsibilities are to retain and increase ATIA membership in order to meet revenue goals and grow resources for the Adventure Green Alaska (AGA) program. Additional responsibilities include increasing the member experience by providing excellent customer service, programs, and benefits. This may include implementing online and membership training programs; business to business partnerships; and increasing ATIA’s chapter engagement. See full job description for details.
Customer Service Associate
Great Alaskan Holidays seeks a customer service associate in Anchorage.
The OPERATIONS SPECIALIST supports different areas of administrative work including customer service and travel documentation. Tasks include creation of travel itinerary proposals including consultation and price calculation (proposals are communicated via email); reservation processing and issuing final travel documentation. Additionally the operations specialist may assist our product management team with supplier contracting, reservation system updates and website content management.
Rental Operations Manager
Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage employees including: training, setting expectations, follow up and corrective action
- Actively monitor and ensure all customer, vendor and internal correspondence is answered promptly
- Prepare staff schedules and train new employees
- Manage fleet inventory to maximize utilization and track maintenance schedules
- Oversee paperwork flow and vehicle readiness to meet demands of daily reservations
- Handle insurance claim processing
- Marketing recommendations and support
- Assist with developing business goals
- Provide weekly reporting to upper management
- Continually seek opportunities for improvements, efficiency and business growth
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage in verbal and written interactions with customers
- Ability to project professional appearance
- Proficient with computers, including Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a driver's license with a clean driving record (copy of driving record to be provided prior to hire)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check and willing to comply with random drug screenings
- Ability to take ownership of a project and follow it through to completion with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays as business demands require
- Capacity to learn extensive training material and apply daily on the job
- Customer service, management, and sales experience preferred
- Experience in car rental, hospitality, or tourism is a plus
Communication and Teamwork:
- Must have the ability, and desire, to work as a team member and utilize good communication skills both in oral and written form
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work with a variety of different personalities
Physical Requirements and Agility:
- Ability to occasionally lift/carry objects weighing 50 lbs., bend and stoop
- Must be physically able to move in and out of vehicles and to clean, inspect and detail vehicles
The work is performed in office, shop and outdoor environments. Must be willing to work in all weather conditions.
We are looking for a new member to join our RESERVATION TEAM on a full time year-round basis. We are looking for people who genuinely are interested in the tourism industry and are looking for a career in tourism.
Our reservation team processes all reservation requests for a variety of different services (hotel, rental car, activities) and manages comprehensive travel itineraries for independent travelers.
Are you looking for something fun and unique? Do you enjoy meeting people from all over the globe? Do you want an opportunity to experience amazing places in Alaska? If so, we want to talk with you! We are seeking that special person who has excellent Customer Service skills, a clean driving record and CDL, and the ability to manage multiple guest inquiries and requests while ensuring the highest level of safety for all.
We specialize in providing the best Alaskan experience for our guests and our staff. If you are interested in a fun and challenging job with a progressive company, submit your application today. Having fun and a spirit of adventure are required!
This is a seasonal full-time, hourly position located in Seward, Alaska.
Minimum Requirements: CDL with passenger and air brake endorsements, at least two years of accident-free commercial vehicle operation. Familiarity with cruise ship or group tour operator procedures a plus.
The Shuttle Driver is responsible for conducting pre and post-operation maintenance on assigned vehicle daily, operating shuttles along assigned routes, and providing excellent customer service for an excellent guest experience.