ATIA Annual Convention
October 11-14, 2021
Join ATIA for Alaska’s largest annual gathering of tourism professionals. Network with tourism businesses – including tour operators, wholesalers, vendors, destination marketing organizations and elected officials – while learning the latest travel industry best practices and business skills. We welcome you to participate either in-person or virtually. No matter how you choose to join, we are “Better Together.”
TO REGISTER: Log in to the ATIA Member Hub and select “ATIA Events” under the “Register” menu tab.
ATIA’s convention remains our association’s most valued member benefit and is only available to current ATIA members. Not already a member? Find out how you can join today.
Pre-Convention Summit: Alaska’s Roadmap to Tourism Recovery
Join ATIA for our Pre-Convention Summit as we talk about statewide tourism planning and tourism business resiliency: what we have learned as we move beyond COVID-19 towards recovery. Highlights include presentations on COVID-19 economic impacts, industry lessons learned, and small group discussions on cultural and Native heritage tourism, responsible tourism, community and destination planning, and resident attitudes. Separate registration is required to attend the Pre-Convention Summit.
To Register: Log in to the ATIA Member Hub and select “ATIA Events” under the “Register” menu tab.
We are committed to hosting a safe event and will follow all local mandates and guidelines. The below list outlines current protocols, which are subject to change between now and convention. We will add additional procedures as needed. We are offering virtual registration for those who would rather attend virtually.
- It is suggested to wear a facemask if you have not been vaccinated.
- Physically distance whenever possible.
- The number of chairs will be limited at tables.
- Wash or sanitize hands as frequently as possible. There will be hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the convention center.
- Additional precautions will be taken for food and beverage distribution.
In an effort to reduce our environmental impact, we have committed to the following sustainability practices for Convention:
- Use locally sourced food as much as possible
- Reduce the use of plastic bottles
- Encourage use of reusable water bottles and coffee cups
- Promote recycling at event functions
- Reduce printed materials such as signs and flyers
- Encouraging use of convention app rather than printed schedule
- Reduce packaging in food service
- In lieu of speaker gifts, we will be making a donation to a local non-profit organization this year