Incumbent performs duties at the Passenger Depot related to serving the public with baggage related issues including customer service, loading baggage and performing maintenance, janitorial and landscaping duties. Candidates with tourism experience are highly desired.
This Baggage Handler position is full time during the summer season, but is a split shift schedule. Incumbents will work a four (4) hour shift in the morning and a four (4) hour shift in the evening.
Examples of Duties
• Performs baggage handling duties of loading/unloading, stowing, and delivering baggage to and from trains using a fork lift. Operates government vehicles (sedans, pickup trucks) requiring a valid driver's license.
• Provides service to the public by answering inquiries regarding the Railroad's passenger, baggage, and related information, i.e. excessive baggage rates, events, activities, and other information of local interest. Acts as source of information on other modes of transportation such as cabs, buses, etc.
• Responsible for all general housekeeping and maintenance of building and grounds. Ensures property is clean and in orderly condition.
• Conducts problem resolution regarding lost or damaged bags. Document problems that are not able to be resolved. Also, work with security on personal lost and found items onboard trains and stations.
• Document train departure and arrival times in computer data base. Communicate through email and/or phone to other depots regarding depot/baggage/train information.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
371 W. Ship Creek Ave, Anchorage, AK, 99505
Listing Closing Date09 / 22 / 2023
Submit your name to receive information about available positions. This is a great position to get your foot in the door and expand to other areas in the railroad.