Provide safe transportation and quality narration to Alaska visitors according to the guidelines established by Alaska Coach Tours management.
PAY: $20/hr (1st year driver, CDL training available)
$23-$28/hr (CDL holders, based upon experience)
SCHEDULE: Seasonal, Full time
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
NOTE: A current Commercial Driver’s License (Class B) with a Passenger endorsement and Air Brake restriction removed is preferred; Alaska Coach Tours will provide paid CDL training to applicants if needed.
• Safely drive 40-45 foot motorcoaches and buses while providing information to visiting cruise passengers
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Commit to a minimum 90-day contract
• Class B CDL (paid, CDL training provided for select applicants)
• Clean Driving Record
• 21 years of age by April 1, 2023
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in fast-pace environment
• Ability to develop an interesting and factual tour with provided materials and to deliver competent spoken tour to groups
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to pass DOT physical
• Successfully complete CDL training program
RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES:
Include but aren’t limited to:
Conduct all activities and decisions according to the five guiding principles of Alaska Coach Tours:
• Environmental Responsibility
General knowledge of the position:
• Gain understanding of systems and maintenance needs for motor coaches in order to facilitate safety of passengers and high levels of operation for the coaches. Adhere to company policies regarding pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicles. Wash and clean interior and exterior of vehicles as needed, in order to maintain cleanliness standards to ensure passenger safety, comfort and enjoyment.
• Gain understanding of pertinent Federal and State DOT regulations and integrate routine compliance into all aspects of delivering quality tours. Complete all related paperwork in a professional, accurate, consistent and timely manner.
• Execution of tours and transportation:
• Work with ACT dock representatives and others to ensure safe boarding and disembarkation from motorcoaches, and facilitate smooth transitions during all phases of tours and transfers including the handling of luggage.
• Gain understanding of tour routes and information provided by Alaska Coach Tours and provide accurate, entertaining and regionally specific narration on all tours and transfers that you conduct.
• Work with management to quickly assess situations and work with operations team to relay information via proper channels in the event of circumstances out of the norm (tour deviations, passenger incidents or injuries, etc.).
• Strive to represent Alaska Coach Tours in a professional and friendly manner whenever interfacing with passengers or community members.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Federal & State laws, and our own company policy prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.
Listing Closing Date04 / 30 / 2023
Apply online via the application link. For any questions, please contact Jason Keedy.