Events / Communications Coordinator
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Events and Communications Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and communication of most member events and multimedia content development for external communications.
We are searching for a talented and motivated event coordinator to organize outstanding and unforgettable events. This position will be responsible for every part of event preparations, such as choosing venues, approving menus, developing seating plans, soliciting sponsorship, organizing registration, and measuring success.
Primarily responsible, with additional staff or committee assistance, for budgeting, planning and execution of all Anchorage, statewide and annual AGC awards and/or Holiday events, networking events, and annual AGC events (assists with Fairbanks AGC & CLC events as needed).
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors and venues
• Planning event details and aspects, including seating, dining and guests
• Work with accounting department to maintain event budgets, create reliable financial reports and collect payments
• Managing events and addressing potential problems that may arise
• Planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of the event
• Maintaining a working knowledge of the complex needs of a wide variety of events
• Identify requirements and expectations for each event
• Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order
• Identify and manage funding requests and sponsorship solicitations for specific events & special projects
•Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes
• Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers
• Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to AGC standards
• Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings
This position is also responsible for managing digital and traditional communications for a statewide trade association, ensuring its message is consistent and engaging. This includes responsibility for creating and executing strategies to promote the organization’s programs and services, while developing and implementing communications plans and related promotional collateral. Provide regular communication to members about events, training opportunities, general news, member info and programs. Regularly evaluate and improve analytics on a variety of communication platforms. •
• Lead efforts to prepare and distribute various communications including, but not limited to weekly e-newsletter updates, event notices, membership directory, training/seminar marketing, and others on an as needed basis. This may include content, articles, action alerts, advertisements, editing, proofreading, layouts, printing, and mailing or electronic distribution. Assists in the development and planning for all chapter communications, including publications, eNews, social media, event advertising, etc. while helping maintain consistency of key messaging.Develop and monitor communications policies to reach a high degree of accuracy, appeal, penetration, consistency, and relevance of all publications.
• Develop and administer communications programs for special efforts. Create and maintain master communications schedule. Working with staff, create calendar and promote industry campaigns (Women in Construction Week, CTE Awareness Month, Safety Week, etc.). Design flyers, schedules, and other need publications for districts and state.
• While maintaining consistency of key messaging and branding, develop and plan regular content for social media platforms and manage AGC website content, in collaboration with membership.
• Coordinate with and provide backup to Membership Director. Assist with editing information before distribution and perform editorial quality control for good grammar, punctuation, visual appearance, brand, and style consistency.
• AGC staff liaison to all Event Committees, Associates Council, Safety Committee, and Technology Committee.
• Partners with other staff members to source and secure Website Advertising and electronic business opportunities.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Strong communication and public relations skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures/reports/documents, or governmental regulations; to write content, reports, and other correspondence.
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility with members.
• Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize projects.
• Ability to manage event budgets and stay calm under pressure.
• Strong experience with social media. Graphic design experience a bonus.
• Ability to balance committee guidance and participation while achieving the mission of the organization.
• Ability to use creativity and innovation in problem solving. Constructive thinking, alternative short- to-long-term solutions considered, and action plans developed and implemented.
• Advanced ability to operate computers and relevant software programs. Can demonstrate the ability to quickly self-learn current and new workplace apps.
• Highly collaborative and able to work in high-pressure situations with tight deadlines.
• Consistently optimize within and navigate through ambiguity to meet objectives.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in business management, communications or related discipline supplemented by five years’ experience in event planning and management.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lift up to 20 lbs.
• Use of fingers/Manual dexterity
Indoors: normal office conditions, 80% of the time
Outdoors: varying conditions (driving and walking) 20% of the time.
Listing Closing Date12 / 31 / 2023
Submit resume and cover letter to Alicia Amberg: [email protected]