Passenger Service Representative
Job Summary: The Passenger Services Representative (PSR) is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to guests aboard the MV Malaspina, the first ferry that was built for the State of Alaska and now owned by Ward Cove Dock Group (WCDG), providing housing for seasonal employees. P PSRs will be performing tasks in the galley, dining room, cafeteria, crew area, staterooms and public areas aboard the MV Malaspina.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
• Be the first point of contact for residents and will be responsible for handling all resident inquiries and requests.
• Responsible for handling resident check-ins and check-outs.
• Responsible for ensuring that all residents follow established housing guidelines.
• Assists in maintaining security of the vessel. Maintains awareness of vessel and lot security and reports any suspicious activity or threats immediately.
• Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash at POS registers in cafeteria at pursers desk and in crew area;
• Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; ensures re-wraps are done promptly;
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and practices including signing, pricing, and loss prevention;
• Assist with monitoring inventories of supplies; ensuring venues are clean and in top condition;
• Work a flexible schedule;
• May assist with dishing up hot cereals and bussing tables. Cleans and operates various galley equipment. Sweeps, mops, and vacuums all areas, as needed. Cleans and makes up staterooms, restrooms, and all public areas of the vessel. Stows linen—clean and dirty. Stocks rental towels, blankets, and pillows. Stocks restrooms on all decks.
• Work in conjunction with coworkers, supervisors, and other departments as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
Driver’s License Preferred.
CPR/First Aid Certification.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Prolonged periods standing and walking.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
7559 N Tongass Hwy, Ketchikan, AK, 99901