The CDL Driver is responsible for the safe transportation of guests between Ward Cove and downtown Ketchikan.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
· Prioritize the safety of your vehicle and guests by driving carefully through a highway and town;
· Ensure safe and efficient boarding / disembarkation of guests with the Guest Service Representatives;
· Applies knowledge of the local area to provide information to passengers;
· Drive in accordance with federal and state (Alaska) DOT regulations and employer shuttle training;
· Apply knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations through required documents maintained daily;
· Performs inspections on shuttles and maintain shuttle cleanliness throughout the day;
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Ability to safely drive a shuttle bus while speaking to passengers, answering questions, and providing narration, while working in a team or group environment;
· Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with customers, employees, and management;
· Knowledgeable in the importance of DVIRs and pre/post-trips;
· Preparedness in safety incidents that may require your assistance;
· Knowledge of the critical aspects of your vehicle and upkeep its condition;
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines;
· Ability to successfully complete company shuttle training program.
Education and Experience:
· Valid Commercial Driver's License, Class B without air brake restrictions and passenger endorsements required.
· Clean driving record with no infractions in the last three years.
· At least one-year related experience required.
· Must be certified as physically qualified through a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen.
· Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
7559 N Tongass Hwy, Ketchikan, AK, 99901