Port Security Staff
Port Security Staff lead the charge in safety and security for the facilities and guests at The Mill at Ward Cove port facility working in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard regulations and Ward Cove Dock Group’s Facility Security Plan (FSP) to provide quality service to our guests and locals.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
· Responsible for patrolling restricted and non-restricted areas on the Ward Cove dock, facilities, and property, reporting any breach of security to appropriate personnel;
· Ensures embarking is controlled. Responsible for vehicle and traffic control accessing the dock;
· Understands and implements various Maritime Security (MARSEC) Level changes and implements required port enforcement action;
· Work with USCG, local authorities, and cruise lines in maintaining safety and guest satisfaction;
· Provides vehicle and pedestrian traffic control duties to ensure safe passage for port related pedestrian and vehicular traffic;
· Ensures vehicles entering the property and dock have the proper identification/pass;
· When required, places or moves pedestrian control devices and barricades;
· Lead and participate in real-world safety drills & exercises;
· Use of hand-held radios and cell phones for succinct distribution of information;
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Safety Focus: Must be able to maintain a safe and comfortable environment for guests, employees, and the public;
· Customer-Service Focus: Must understand that customer service is a top priority and must conduct all actions with this in mind;
· Problem-Solving Skills: Must be flexible and able to produce appropriate solutions quickly, working across the organization at times. Must be able to find creative solutions to unique problems and employ a logical and organized thought process;
· Knowledge of: Current security threats and patterns; techniques used to circumvent security measures; crowd management and control techniques; emergency procedures and contingency plans; Inspection, control, and monitoring techniques; and methods of physical screening of persons, personal effects, cargo and vehicles;
· Ability to: Recognize characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are potential security threats; recognize and detect dangerous substances and devices;
· Skilled in the use of two-way handheld radios and cellphones.
Education and Experience:
· Experience in a related field such as marine, law enforcement or military preferred.
· Current Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Card, or ability to obtain.
· ATSSA approved Flagger Certification, or ability to obtain.
· Driver’s License Preferred.
· Prolonged periods standing and walking.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
7559 N Tongass Hwy, Ketchikan, AK, 99901