Retail Sales Associate
Retail Sales Associates serve as a customer service representative for guests at The Mill at Ward Cove; assist guests with purchases; prepare and stock merchandise for sale; perform inventory control duties; organize and distribute merchandise. Perform other duties related to the successful operation of the retail store including cleaning and moderate lifting.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
• Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers;
• Maintain an awareness of the all-product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements;
• Always demonstrate outstanding guest service and professionalism;
• Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping;
• Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise; participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock; ensures re-wraps are done promptly;
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and practices including signing, pricing, and loss prevention;
• Knowledge and promotion of all Ward Cove venues and retail;
• Prepare, clean and organize all equipment and supplies for each day’s needs;
• Participate in all required training and educational clinics;
• Attend all safety training, meetings, and clinics;
• Maintain current knowledge of all safety procedures;
• Work as greeters to welcome guests and conduct guest orientations;
• Answer and address any guest concerns or questions;
• Assist with monitoring inventories of supplies; ensuring venues are clean and in top condition;
• Work a flexible schedule;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to process information/merchandise through Point-of-Sale computer system;
• Ability to communicate, read, count, and write accurately to complete all documentation;
• Ability to learn, retain and communicate information about retail products to cruise ship guests for sales and upselling of retail items;
• Must understand that exemplary customer service is a top priority and be able to communicate in a professional, friendly, and accurate manner;
• Accuracy in cash handling and a keen eye for detail;
• Must be flexible and able to produce appropriate solutions quickly, working across the organization at times;
• Must be able to find creative solutions to unique problems and employ a logical and organized thought process;
• Should possess good computer skills and be able to learn the internal booking system and accurately enter information.
Education and Experience:
• Previous retail sales experience preferred, but is not required
• Prolonged periods standing for 8 hours or more and walking.
• Work in a demanding environment with crowds.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
7559 N Tongass Hwy, Ketchikan, AK, 99901