Director of Employee Experience
In collaboration with the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of Employee Experience provides strategic leadership in developing and implementing programs and initiatives that improve the employee experience.
This position requires a high level of skill in change initiatives with a track record of influencing business outcomes in support of a busy and growing company.
The Director of Employee Experience will provide subject matter expertise to establish and execute professional development, engagement, and training programs. Additionally, this role will create a system of accountability through strategic planning, policy and procedure, and intentional, collaborative partnerships across the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Work according to the Core Values as defined in our Mission Statement: “Immerse each guest in a personable and unsurpassed level of service we call “True Alaskan Hospitality”.
• Develop, organize, and manage all HR programs including performance, professional development and employee recognition programs
• Assist hiring managers with talent acquisition process, including reviewing position descriptions, drafting interview questions, reviewing candidates, and designing onboarding plans.
• Partner with VP of HR in planning, design, and execution of training sessions for leaders, future-leaders and line-level employees
• Act as primary point of contact for employees with questions relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.
• Learn and leverage strengths of the current team members, assist in clarification of roles and responsibilities, proactively assist employees in exploring stretch opportunities to develop skills according to individual interests and goals
• In partnership with senior leaders, develop and maintain succession plans balancing employee strengths and interests and the needs of the company
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
• Partner with VP of HR on culture building initiatives to support a best-in-class workplace
• Liaise with senior leaders to establish and monitor standard operating procedures to ensure operational success
• Partner with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to ensure candidate experience is optimized
• Work with hiring managers to ensure diversity in search and hiring committees.
• Build relationships with leaders and their team to develop a deep understanding of Allen Marine’s workforce culture, inclusiveness, and retention opportunities
• Work collaboratively across teams to assist in development of change management plans including communication and training materials as needed
• Encourage and build mutual trust, cooperation, and effective collaboration in and across company
• Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels of the organization, creating a positive and supportive work environment
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure programs are implemented on time and deliver established goals
• Proactively manage group and individual needs and concerns through regular engagement, soliciting feedback, ensuring appropriate resourcing, and communicating with divisional leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, Organizational Development or related field
• Intellectual curiosity and the ability to vision as well as execute is necessary.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies from diverse backgrounds is necessary.
• Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively is necessary.
• Ability to use independent judgement and to manage and impart confidential information is necessary.
• Excellent project management skills including organization and the ability to multitask is necessary
• Experience in change management projects or organizational transformations is strongly preferred.
• Experience developing and executing employee engagement programs and strategies is necessary.
• Experience leading Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives is strongly preferred.
1512 Sawmill Creek Rd, Sitka, AK, 99835
Listing Closing Date03 / 20 / 2023