CDL Driver Guide
We are searching for friendly and entertaining individuals to join the Cape Fox Tours team as CDL Driver Guides for the upcoming summer season. Explore the wonders of Ketchikan, Alaska from the comfort of your own motorcoach as you transfer cruise line guests to their designated tour venue locations and cruise ships. CDL Driver Guides must present a professional manner while safely transporting guests and sharing educational details and stories on tour. If you enjoy the great outdoors, love adventure, and want to create long-lasting unforgettable memories for you and guests, then join our team today.
• Safely providing guest transportation utilizing excellent customer service
• Routinely drives a motorcoach and provides narrated tours in vehicle and at select tour venues
• Direct and assist passenger movement between cruise ships and tour vehicles
• Collect tickets and provide tour itinerary to guests
• Maintain reports of passenger counts and driving routes
• Maintain reports of daily mileage, fuel log, and hours
• Performs inspections on vehicles and basic mechanical duties
• Must ensure vehicle is always clean
• Communicate with dock staff, cruise line partners, and tour venue staff
• Report all accidents, injuries, unsafe working conditions, and damages
• Must be knowledgeable of surrounding area and be able to find places and make stops in a reasonable timely manner
• Must follow all state laws while operating vehicles and ensure all pertinent insurance and other driving related documents are up to date and visible
• Prior experience in positions involving customer service or tourism is preferred
• A valid CDL with Passenger and Airbrake endorsements
• A valid DOT med card
• Motor Vehicle Record from the state of the driver's current license going back 3 years
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and join the monthly Random Consortium
• Minimum age of 21 is required
• Ability to regularly lift anywhere between 5-100 lbs.
• Regularly required to use hands, arms, sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch etc.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Excellent personal hygiene
• Ability to read, write, understand, and speak English
• Must possess excellent customer service skills
• Must be free from influence of drugs and alcohol
• Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Listing Closing Date03 / 06 / 2024
Please apply on CoolWorks.