Marketing & Communications Manager
Mat-Su CVB Marketing and Communications Manager
Exempt, regular full-time position
Usual hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hours will vary, including weekends and travel time
Summary: Responsible for strategically developing, planning, implementing, and evaluating all external communications programs and marketing campaigns to promote the Mat-Su Valley as a premier visitor destination.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, implement, and evaluate a strategic marketing plan that addresses key markets including travel trade; travel media; in-state; domestic and international; meetings.
• Develop and maintain the annual advertising and marketing budget.
• Provide assistance, including coordinating familiarization trips, for travel trade (tour operators and agents) and travel media.
• Manage production of all Mat-Su CVB publications including the Visitor Guide, quarterly member newsletter and Annual Report.
• Oversee all management of AlaskaVisit.com, including working with contractors on SEO and SEM campaigns, regular content development, monthly reporting and development programs of web site.
• Manage all external communications, including member e-bulletins and all e-mail marketing campaigns.
• Manage contracts and deadlines for marketing platforms including but not limited to CRM, CMS, DAM, Crowdriff and ActOn programs.
• Oversee management, content and strategies for all Mat-Su CVB social media channels.
• Coordinate and represent Mat-Su CVB at in-state, national and international consumer shows and industry conventions.
• Represent Mat-Su CVB with local organizations including Chambers of Commerce.
• Oversee and manage Mat-Su CVB relationships with agencies and contractors, including development of digital and printed advertising collateral.
• Assist Membership Manager for all Mat-Su CVB events.
• Various other duties as assigned.
Required: Experience in marketing; high level of organizational skills; proficiency with word processing and database programs, excellent writing and public speaking abilities. Must have a strong knowledge of web site management and online marketing strategies. Must be able to travel out-of-state regularly, have reliable transportation and lift boxes of brochures and trade show displays. Must be able to meet medical admission standards required by conventions.
Preferred: Design, layout and desktop publishing skills, knowledge of Mat-Su Valley and its businesses, previous experience in the tourism industry.
Christmas through New Year’s Day (MSCVB is closed)
Accrues at 6.66 hours per pay period (80 hours annually). After three year’s service, vacation will accrue at 10 hours per month (120 hours annually). Accumulated leave cannot be taken until after one year of employment. After the first year, leave cannot be accumulated for more than one year. Leave time must be pre-approved by the executive director. Earned leave will be paid in cash when employment is terminated.
After a three-month probationary period, MSCVB will offer health insurance benefits to employee.
After three-month probationary period, sick leave is available to cover absences due to sickness, death in the family and doctor’s appointments. Sick leave is accumulated at a rate of 6.66 hours per month for an annual total of 80 hours (or 10 days). Unused sick leave may be carried forward from year to year, however, it is not financially remunerated. Unused sick leave may be accumulated up to a maximum of 120 hours (or 15 days). Sick leave is forfeited when employment is terminated. (After three-month probationary period, sick leave will be retroactive to date of hire.)
Paychecks are issued on the 2nd Friday of each month for the work performed in the previous month. Approved mileage and sales expenses will be reimbursed.
Employee’s performance shall be reviewed and evaluated by the President & CEO within 90 days of date of hire and again upon the one-year anniversary of employment.
The Mat-Su Convention & Visitors Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex or marital status.
610 S. Bailey St. Ste. 201, Palmer, AK, 99645
Listing Closing Date09 / 29 / 2023
Please e-mail all inquires to [email protected].