In-Room Visitor Channel Manager
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as an In-Room Visitor Channel Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the in-room visitor channel at hotels throughout Alaska. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently. This part-time position with flexible hours is based in Anchorage and requires periodic travel within Alaska.
- Manage the TV programming content changeover of the in-room visitor channel during spring (May) and fall (October), including any mid-season updates as needed. This includes formatting and prepping media files on SD cards, CF cards, iPad software and lobby screens.
- Conduct monthly checks at hotels to ensure the proper functioning of the visitor channel.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with General Managers at hotels, promptly responding to their requests and inquiries.
- Expand lobby screen program to hotels not currently participating, including ordering hardware, tracking shipping, and coordinating installation.
- Maintain up-to-date guest service agreements and ensure they are organized for easy access.
- Monitor hotels that are not playing the visitor channel and follow up regularly.
- Coordinate channel insertion when new hotels open or when hotels change service providers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues related to the visitor channel.
- Assist hotels in obtaining new TV mapping files when necessary
- Manage promotional tools such as tracking and ordering key card inserts. Offer channel lineup cards to hotels that do not have them and expand the program to include Bed and Breakfast establishments.
- Ensure proper placement of premium distribution stands for promotional materials.
- Prepare collateral handouts for the Alaska Channel TV and Alaska App.
- Conduct training sessions for hotel staff on the Alaska Activity Guide and Alaska Activity Map each spring.
- Undertake a 3-day, 2-night trip to Talkeetna and Denali in early May (prior to May 10) to update summer programming and deliver print products to partners. This may involve driving a U-Haul and lifting 35-pound boxes.
- Flexibility to work an average of 20-45 hours per month, with approximately 3 weeks full-time (40 hours per week) during the last two weeks of April and the first week of May, and approximately 2 weeks full-time (40 hours per week) during the last week of September and the first week of October. These periods coincide with our seasonal program changeovers. Additional full-time weeks may occur if we have one extra update per season (usually around July or January).
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with hotel General Managers.
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Comfortable troubleshooting technology and learning how to resolve issues from colleagues and TV service providers.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel within Alaska periodically.
- Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of TV mapping software and basic troubleshooting abilities.
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive a U-Haul, as well as lift boxes weighing up to 35 pounds.
If you are passionate about the tourism industry and thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on role, we invite you to apply for the position of In-Room Visitor Channel Manager.
Job Type: Part-time, flexible schedule
Compensation: $25 / hr
License/Certification: Driver's License (Required)
507 E Street, Anchorage, AK, 99501
Listing Closing Date09 / 30 / 2023
Please email a cover letter and resume with references to [email protected]