Bookkeeping & Administrative Manager
ATIA is Alaska’s only statewide membership trade association for the travel industry and represents over 600 members and businesses in Alaska tourism. ATIA promotes Alaska’s visitor industry as one of the state’s major economic forces and advocates for the growth of the industry, while remaining attentive to Alaska’s natural environment, diverse cultures, and unique quality of life. ATIA conducts advocacy, education, and administers the State of Alaska’s destination marketing program.
The Bookkeeping and Administrative Manager will be a key team member supporting all aspects of ATIA’s mission. The position will report to the President & CEO and will have no direct staff to manage. The successful candidate will be comfortable with accounts payables/receivables and have experience working in a professional office environment including acting as a liaison to a board of directors. The position will support office operations and, with the support of a finance contractor, manage daily bookkeeping.
The ATIA team is comprised of 8 dynamic individuals with a passion for the travel industry. Hospitality, enthusiasm, kindness, collaboration, and support are the core of our culture. ATIA offers a flexible work environment and supports remote work opportunities. We are looking for a team member to join us who can implement accounting and administrative procedures and processes. A successful Bookkeeping and Administrative Manager should be familiar with accounting and operational best practices and have a flair for numbers and data. Demonstrated experience exercising excellent judgement, professionalism, and the ability to take initiative and work independently. The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using MS office suite, QuickBooks, and other digital tools.
• Manages the recording and accounting records for the Alaska Travel Industry Association and the ATIA Foundation. This responsibility includes using QuickBooks to process business transactions for accounts payable and receivables and bi-weekly payroll. Duties include collection of past due invoices.
• Responsible for reconciling accounting records with various online and customer relationship management databases. ATIA accesses online information / data through various systems, including BluePay, Braintree, and our internal databases: Your Membership and Salesforce.
• Manages logistics including preparation and follow-up from ATIA Board and Marketing Committee meetings. Prepares and distributes materials for meetings, creates agenda with support from CEO and prepares meeting minutes. Manages committee and board contact lists.
• Supports the ATIA Finance Committee and provides financial and grant reports under the direction of the President & CEO.
• Support President & CEO with human resources and 401K administration.
• Maintain filing system, including managing contract process, and updating policies and procedures.
• Manage association general email and telephone inquiries, email contact lists, and postage accounts.
• Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients, building vendors (janitorial services, trash, maintenance, plowing services, security)
• Lead contact for IT/AV needs, working in partnership with ATIA’s IT consultant.
• Assist with maintaining building premises, as appropriate.
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports for federal and State of Alaska grants.
• Coordinate the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes as appropriate.
• Maintain bank accounts and paperwork.
• Manage and maintain general administrative information for ATIA and the ATIA Foundation, including nonprofit tax and legal records, and contracts.
• Two or more years performing accounting transactions, including payroll, payables, and receivables.
• Hands on experience with word processing, spreadsheets, accounting software, online databases, and computerized accounting systems.
• Strong attention to detail.
• A bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred (e.g. accounting, administration, business, communications).
• Nonprofit or tourism experience is a plus, (however not required).
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel in particular).
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Uber strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Some travel is required to Alaska communities outside of Anchorage, AK.
SALARY AND POSITION TYPE:
This is an exempt position and reports to ATIA’s President & CEO. ATIA promotes flexible work schedules, including working from home.
Salary: $63,000 - $73,000 DOE
Location: ATIA’s team works from 610 E. 5th Avenue in downtown Anchorage, AK.
610 E. 5th Ave., Ste. 200, Anchorage, AK, 99501
Listing Closing Date12 / 31 / 2023
Please submit, by email only, your letter of interest, resume and up to three references, to: [email protected]. No telephone calls, please. This position is open until filled.