ALASKA GLACIER LODGE
LOCATION: Palmer, Alaska
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years Hotel/Restaurant Management
START DATE: Starts immediately!
Alaska Glacier Lodge is located 45 min north of Anchorage on the road system in the scenic Knik River Valley. It is primarily a seasonal May - September operation with an onsite full service restaurant catering to overnight guests as well as the general public. Alaska Glacier Lodge is a heliport for a major Helicopter tour operator, Alaska Helicopter Tours. There are 22 guest cabins for occupancy and a full laundry facility onsite. Basic onsite accommodations available.
Nestled in one of the most beautiful glacier valleys in South Central Alaska, Alaska Glacier Lodge has hiking, fishing, camping and of course helicopter adventures right in our back yard!
COMPENSATION: The salary rate for this position is dependent on circumstances including an applicant’s skills and qualifications, certain degrees and certifications, prior job experience, market data, and other relevant factors.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Maximizing profits in all outlets with costs in line with sales. Working within the “Alaska Glacier Lodge Environment” in dealing with employees, guests, and upper management. Ensure all employees are well trained and cross-trained pertinent to their duties. When the following results are observed, fellow employees, guests, and upper management will know the position is being carried out with diligence and excellence.
- Manages the client and community relationships at the location, continually assessing operations, and developing plans to provide optimal service and drive employee and customer satisfaction.
- Recommends methods, resources, and implementation for service improvement and growth based on operational needs/capabilities.
- Builds, develops, and leads a management team and staff capable of carrying out organizational objectives.
- Maintain and follow all wage & hour compliance for local employees
- Conduct all required new hire paperwork and maintain employee files for employees on-site
- Coordinate payroll functions and check distribution.
- Assist leadership on special projects
- Develops and maintains client relationships to grow base business and improve retention of account base.
- Accountable for business reviews and key interactions with key clients within the local market.
- Reviews and analyzes business performance using plan data and recommends decisions/approaches to address key operational opportunities and levers, including route sales growth optimization, pricing actions, product inventory, waste reduction, and labor costs, which would positively impact the business.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, and counseling management staff and front-line personnel to provide ongoing support and development.
- Optimize core processes and positively influence client relationships and business opportunities.
- Owns and fosters effective communication at all levels of the organization.
- Ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled.
At Alaska Glacier Lodge, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
- At least 2 years’ experience in operations management in a related field
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- High energy level that is communicated to the team and exhibits a proven track record for growing business.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to lead in a diverse environment with a focus on client and guest service
- Candidates must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR POSITION AS GENERAL MANAGER, EMPLOYEES WILL OBSERVE:
- Reduced turnover (zero unplanned turnover).
- Zero complaints from employees about each other or management.
- All personnel on staff are working together within the “Alaska Glacier Lodge Environment” at all times.
- Reduced absenteeism and tardiness to posted schedules.
- Two-way communication which is exemplified by every employee having up-to-date, and accurate information
- Knowledge of computers, basic accounting, safety and security systems, and communication systems.
- Knowledge of all federal and state laws and ordinances pertinent to Lodge operations.
- Good communication skills at all levels to include the general public.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Strong abstract thinker.
- Strong sales & marketing knowledge.
- Strong public speaker skills.
- Efficient budget and forecasting skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
29979 East Knik River Lodge, Palmer, AK, 99645
Listing Closing Date01 / 31 / 2024
Please email resume and cover letter via email